How to create an on-demand fitness app like Peloton?
None, with the sole exception of fitness, is challenging to attain.
Health and wellbeing were always ranked among the top goals for everybody. Even so, because of challenges associated with finding fitness trainers you would be wholly delighted with, it was not as straightforward to remain fit as well as on back throughout the day. Thankfully, the fitness industry has also progressed through the digital revolution since the digital age emerged.
Yeah, indeed, even fitness with enough commitment and motivation is easy to accomplish. But with the right fitness app, of course. Currently, there are numerous applications available in the fitness sector, even though they are easy to access for anyone.
However, it’s no surprise that so many businesses have been going ahead in creating fitness apps. From gym stores to weight loss manufacturing companies to healthcare professionals, even more, businesses have been capitalizing on fitness app development.
Besides, according to market research in the future, the global fitness app market size is expected to surpass 16 billion dollars by 2026 with a CAGR of 23%. One of the best on-demand fitness apps is Peloton, a billion-dollar startup with a market value of 8 billion.
If you are reading this blog, we can confidently presume that you’re in the division of building your own custom on-demand fitness app like Peloton.
Throughout this blog, we will walk you through all essential points you need to consider while developing an app like Peloton, whether from goal to monetization model to design and build your custom fitness app.
So, roll your sleeves and lace up your shoes, guys; let’s get started.
Peloton: an introductory overview
Peloton, a billion-dollar startup and prominent fitness app currently available in the market. Peloton offers ample amount of services to their subscribers like:
- Via different social events, the Peloton lets individuals enjoy their teaching sessions.
- With live workouts, Peloton broadcasts online exercise classes every day. They have 30+ top coaches alongside you who do the exercise.
- Peloton improves the experience by offering fitness weirdos with fresh and insightful content.
- Peloton offers a forum where like-minded individuals share their knowledge for workouts.
- Offers top-rated music.
Why develop an on-demand fitness app?
So, what are some factors for this increasing fitness app prominence? Let’s have a more in-depth look before you develop your fitness app like a peloton.
Yes, in modern lives, fitness applications have been the newest technology. These mobile applications monitor the information that helps you in training the body. Online exercise takes every person to the same platform and links them to the coach. Those who feel nervous about communicating in contact with a trainer can openly sign up for the app.
Some other points
- You could save a considerable amount of money as an owner after opening several gyms in separate areas.
- The number of members is not a limitation. You can also have n-number members everywhere associated with approved instructors.
- Through their social integration, fitness applications enable users to find more individuals who also have similar exercise goals. They will share their tales of success and help to inspire one another to lead a healthy lifestyle.
- On some other miscellaneous costs, which you would have had to endure with the physical gym, you can save a great deal of money.
- By giving them different benefits through credit points, you will keep gym members.
- Inexpensive and open fitness system.
So, you’ve got all the insight and explanation regarding why fitness applications are becoming so widely popular among the audience. Moving on, let’s see how to build a peloton-like fitness app.
How to develop an on-demand fitness app like Peloton? Important steps to follow
So, you have an idea and want your fitness app to be developed, or you’re just afraid of how difficult it will be to build a fitness app like Peloton.
It’s not easy to get people involved in many of these online fitness applications. Consequently, you need to bring up a concept that doesn’t seem repetitive and provides depth to fitness enthusiasts’ lifestyles.
Below we’ve mentioned some essential steps which you’ve to follow. So take a look.
Steps to follow
1. Do a Market Research
You had to begin with a comprehensive market study to see what the other fitness applications are doing to develop your first fitness app. The market study will assist you in building your perfect fitness app in two ways. Today, the fitness application market is rising nearly every day.
It is necessary to take a close look at your rivals in the market before you develop a fitness app. Through this approach, you can understand how these apps have become famous or what they’re doing well.
2. Select the platform carefully
The Smartphone apps of today don’t just exist on mobile longer. When they turn from a mobile to a smartwatch, TV, or tablet, individuals expect their fitness and wellness applications to accompany them. One of these platforms provides the fitness app application with an innovative way to increase people’s sporting lives.
3. Select the features and functionality of your fitness app
You should evaluate the MVP features for that, too, after you have assessed the styles and determined that you’d like to create a fitness app for your company. You have to understand the value of the MVP functionality, the first one to create an app.
The MVP functions are the most basic and minimal features your application requires as a fitness app to work. These functionalities will be famous for almost all of them, no matter which kind of application you want to develop. Below we’ve mentioned some basic and advanced features you can include in your on-demand fitness app like Peloton. Take a look.
- Profile management.
- App settings.
- Push notification.
- Social integration.
- On-demand workout classes.
- Auto suggestions.
- Calorie counter.
- Heart rate monitor.
- Live Class.
- Wearable integration.
- Advanced filtering and sorting.
- In-app chat.
- Payment gateway.
- Trainer on-demand.
- Live streaming.
- Sleep tracking.
- Community and support.
- Auto Sync — To bring all of the data into the wearable computer, sync the app against wearable and other devices. It is easy to synchronize the details, whether Apple Watch, Android Wear, and any other similar technologies.
- Analyze logs — Assess everyday success in sports and fitness. Analyze things like how much they practice each day and clearly explain break times with each practice by maintaining a complete training and activity log.
- Set Goals — Goal setting is among the significant components of a fitness app. It is empowering to facilitate users to set goals and targets, as it also converts into a target tracker to help the individual reach fitness goals without failure.
- Gamification — This role provides more incentive for users and stops them from keeping the application from being used. Giving prizes, badges, and competitiveness elements give users a positive mentality to achieve their target and remain encouraged.
- Leaderboard — You should incorporate a bit of rivalry to engage audiences in sports and inspire them to apply. For consumers, build a fitness app with competitive games. They can contend with one another to reach a more competitive league, based on their success. When completing training sessions and drills, users get points-those who have more points progress towards the next league only at the final. With exclusive badges, you could reward members or perhaps even offer them a monthly premium subscription.
- Barcode Scanner — Only with the aid of the phone’s camera could a barcode scanner connect the item to the staple diet. It’s a nice feature since a manufacturer is not only known by the product but also identified. This is how users could get complete detail regarding their meal in a few seconds. For items that don’t have a barcode, you can use image processing algorithms (fruits, vegetables). Based on its form, color, and scale, the system recognizes the food. This technique, however, allows you to hire AI developers, who sometimes cost a premium.
- Geolocation — To track the path, analyze travel distance, slides and lifts, the app utilizes geolocation. It can also be used for push notifications.
- Accelerometer — The accelerometer lets the application count steps. Rhythm is yet another essential predictor for activity monitoring. To optimize leg loadings and produce better performance, devices measure rhythm while running or cycling.
4. Select the right revenue model
It’s also necessary to ensure that you can receive fruitful incentives from your creating fitness application. There are numerous ways for the app to be monetized. You may include: To get benefit or revenue from the fitness app.
As your application’s features and functionality are all set, it’s necessary to ponder how to create a revenue-generating fitness application?
Let’s explore the most common models for monetization. Have a look.
- Ads — Ads are a standardized way to use smartphones to make money. And it suits the production of health and wellness apps, too, though. With your fitness app, it’s the easiest and most popular way you could make a profit. Make the application fee with the right advertising for your application and advertise it. Also, be sure to incorporate advertisements that are important to fitness app development. Such promotions will be about sportswear and nutritional foods, etc. Just make sure that due to ads, you do not lose users.
- Sponsorships: Sponsorships are an excellent way for your fitness app to be monetized. And you can not only earn money from it, but you will also have the exposure that you need to improve your customer base.
- In-app purchasing: You can also make profits if you’d like to offer a free fitness app for users by convincing users to buy something in your app, including an enhanced feature configuration or premium services, which they can only use once they buy the particular service.
5. Hire the best fitness app development firm
Now that you’ve figured out anything and everything about the fitness app, it’s time to find out how to select the best team for creating your fitness application. Probabilities are that you’re not even acquainted with the highly technical details of the phase of app creation, including such coding and design. And if you’re already, developing a robust fitness app would always require support.
So how can you choose the right partner for the phase of development? There are a couple of aspects here.
- Check out their portfolio.
- Go through their testimonials.
- Check the tech skills of their development team.
- Check their previous projects.
Proper analysis and preparation are the secrets to successful fitness app growth. Your probability of creating a successful fitness app will increase dramatically if you consider your market, think carefully about your requirements, recruit the best team, and make sure they are completely equipped and trained.
How Matellio can help you
Matellio is a leading brand in the fitness app development domain, as we already built numerous health and fitness apps. We have a talented development team of full-stack sports applications with an offering for all platforms, whether Android, IOS, or any other. If you are looking for a custom fitness app, fitness tracker app, or any other sports application, contact us now.
For more, visit www.matellio.com
Originally published at https://www.matellio.com/ on January 29, 2021